Lettuce ' Summer Harvest '
A must for the kitchen garden, can be grown all year but will bolt to seed in the wet very quickly. Leaves can be picked off as required. Chicken manure prepared in the soil will ensure a fast growth and reduces bitterness.
- Time -All year, better results in the dry.
- Sow - Just under or on the surface - 10cm apart, seed trays work best then planted out when roots holding.
- Bed type - Containers, Raised beds, Loamy and fertile, well manured
- Watering - Overhead, keep seeds moist for germination
- Position - Half to Full sun, requires protection from heavy rains and hot afternoon sun.
- Harvest in 55 days